When it comes time to do work around the house, there are few tools as handy as a good pipe wrench. A good pipe wrench can help you loosen or tighten objects that are rounded. This includes bolts, pipes, rods, and nuts. The pipe wrench was originally designed to tighten and loosen pipes, but over time, the tool started to be used for a wide variety of around-the-house needs. A pipe wrench has a special kind of screw threading that allows you to have a firm grip on what you’re adjusting, which is a major benefit of the tool.
Table of Contents
- Top Best Sellers in Adjustable Pipe Wrenches
- 10. Goplus 4pcs Adjustable 8″ 10″ 14″ 18″ Heavy Duty Pipe Wrench Set
- 9. Irwin 2074124 3-Inch Jaw Capacity 24-Inch Cast Aluminum Pipe Wrench
- 8. Ridgid 31015 Model 12 Heavy-Duty Straight Pipe Wrench, 12-inch Plumbing Wrench
- 7. Loggerhead BG8-01R-01 8-inch Bionic Grip Wrench
- 6. Vise Grip 274001SM 11-Inch Aluminum Quick Adjust Pipe Wrench
- 5. Crescent AT10SPUD 10 5/8″ Black Oxide Finish Construction Wrench
- 4. Tradespro 836159 14-Inch Aluminum Pipe Wrench
- 3. Ridgid 31000 6″ Pipe Wrench
- 2. Bahco Snap On 9071RPC 1-1/16-Inch Jaw Capacity 8-Inch Two in One Adjustable Pipe Wrench
- 1. Tradespro 830914 14-Inch Heavy Duty Pipe Wrench
- What to Look For When Choosing Pipe Wrench:
Top Best Sellers in Adjustable Pipe Wrenches
10. Goplus 4pcs Adjustable 8″ 10″ 14″ 18″ Heavy Duty Pipe Wrench Set
This product is a pipe wrench set that has different sized tools that can let you work in a wide variety of tight environments. Additionally, these are drop forged and heat treated, so these pipe wrenches will definitely last for decades of use.
- The heads are spring-loaded for grip.
- These are made of very durable materials.
- There are four wrenches in the set.
- When it comes to grip, these can slip somewhat with wet hands.
9. Irwin 2074124 3-Inch Jaw Capacity 24-Inch Cast Aluminum Pipe Wrench
If you need a tight grip, then the Irwin 2074124 is a great option that locks in like a vise. In addition to this, this is a very light tool that’s good for a tool box or belt. In fact, the material is 40 percent lighter than cast iron tools.
- The nut on this is easy to spin so that it can be adjusted quickly.
- This is a very durable tool.
- For those that carry tools all day, the lighter design is convenient.
- This is somewhat small.
- It isn’t as durable as cast iron.
8. Ridgid 31015 Model 12 Heavy-Duty Straight Pipe Wrench, 12-inch Plumbing Wrench
If you’re a professional in need of a high-grade tool, then this pipe wrench by Ridgid is a good option for your day-to-day needs. It has great grip, a pipe capacity of two inches, and self-cleaning threads.
- It has a very durable housing that’s made of ductile iron.
- The threads lock on tight.
- This wrench’s handle tapers outwards for a better grip.
- It’ somewhat expensive for a pipe wrench.
7. Loggerhead BG8-01R-01 8-inch Bionic Grip Wrench
The Loggerhead BG8-01R-01 has a unique design for a pipe wrench. As you’ll notice, it doesn’t have a spinning nut for tightening. This is because of its patented bionic grip technology that lets it conform to the bolt.
- You’ll never have to adjust by hand again.
- It won’t strip nuts.
- This wrench interlocks securely.
- When it’s flush with a material, it can leave scuff marks.
- Since it has more components, more can break over time.
6. Vise Grip 274001SM 11-Inch Aluminum Quick Adjust Pipe Wrench
For those looking for an easy-to-carry pipe wrench, this Vise Grip product is a great option. It’s made of aluminum, which means that it’ll be lightweight and durable for your jobs. Additionally, it even has a traditional-inch reach.
- It’s lighter than many cast iron tools.
- The wrench has a very easy to grip handle.
- It can clamp on tightly.
- If you don’t know how to use it correctly, it can lose its grip.
- It isn’t well-balanced.
5. Crescent AT10SPUD 10 5/8″ Black Oxide Finish Construction Wrench
When you don’t need a complex wrenching experience, the Crescent AT10SPUD is a good option for most around-the-house jobs. It even has a phosphate finish that helps it resist corrosion over time.
- The knurl on this wrench allows for quick adjustments.
- It is designed to be durable and damage-resistant.
- The wrench has a black design that prevents corrosion.
- Its handle is too long and thin for a good grip.
- The adjustment knurl can stick sometimes.
4. Tradespro 836159 14-Inch Aluminum Pipe Wrench
If you need a traditional-style pipe wrench that is lightweight, this aluminum tool may be your next purchase. It has a good grip and is lighter than many of the similar products that you can find on the market.
- It’s backed by a lifetime warranty.
- With just a thumb-spin, you can adjust this very easily.
- Aluminum is a lightweight material that can withstand punishment.
- Its grip isn’t very strong.
- When it comes to balancing, this feels off.
3. Ridgid 31000 6″ Pipe Wrench
Those that need a wrench for cramped areas will really appreciate the smaller size of this Ridgid product. Like all of the products in their line, this wrench has a sturdy build, a good grip, and self-cleaning threads.
- This is smaller so that it can fit in more cramped places.
- It’s built to last and is made of cast iron.
- The wrench is great for gripping.
- It can only manage pipes with a maximum diameter of ¾ of an inch.
- The nut is very small, which makes adjustment difficult.
2. Bahco Snap On 9071RPC 1-1/16-Inch Jaw Capacity 8-Inch Two in One Adjustable Pipe Wrench
For those looking for a versatile option, this pipe wrench from Bahco has a jaw design that is reversible for a different grip. Additionally, the wrench is made of hardened metal so that it won’t slip or get damaged during your day.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The handle is very easy to grip on the job.
- This wrench’s knurl spins easily for minute adjustments.
- It catches when tightened to its tightest setting.
1. Tradespro 830914 14-Inch Heavy Duty Pipe Wrench
This Tradespro wrench is made of cast iron; and while this may make it heavy, there are few materials that are more durable and reliable. This is a professional-grade pipe wrench that is also good in the home.
- The handle has a 14-inch length for basic jobs.
- It’s very easy to grip.
- If you need a firm attachment, this wrench really holds the nut in place.
- It only has a 1.5-inch jaw capacity.
- The knurl has a tendency to catch.
What to Look For When Choosing Pipe Wrench:
Finding the right tool for the job is important. The best pipe wrenches will have a sturdy build quality, easy adjustability, and will also be fit the job. With that in mind, there are several types of pipe wrench available. For example, these include, offset wrenches that can be used in a tighter space. Also, straight pipe wrenches that are the straight-handled kind that everyone is familiar with and work well for simpler jobs. There are even compound leverage wrenches that can actually free up joints that have seized due to corrosion and wear.
Finding a good pipe wrench is important, especially when you need leverage and grip. Each of the products that have been covered in this guide is designed with quality in mind. They will all last years and will also grip firmly onto what you need to with adjustability that will help you get the job done quickly and easily.