Men’s Aftershave Balm is the perfect ending to a close shave. Shaving exfoliates your skin every time you rub a razor across your whiskers. Over a period of time, regular shaving can affect your skin’s health by causing irritation, razor bumps, ingrown hairs, inflammation and dryness. However, Aftershave Balms for Men can reduce the risks of these issues. A great quality Aftershave Balm puts back what shaving takes from your skin.
Table of Contents
- Top Best Sellers in Aftershave Balms for Men
- 10. Anthony Aftershave Balm
- 9. L’Oreal Paris Men Expert Comfort Max After Shave Balm
- 8. Nivea For Men Energy, Double Action Balm
- 7. L’Occitane L’Occitan After Shave Balm
- 6. Calvin Klein Obsession For Men After Shave Balm
- 5. Baxter of California After Shave Balm
- 4. Nivea For Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
- 3. Dove Men+Care Post Shave Balm, Sensitive Plus
- 2. Bay Rum Aftershave Splash for Men
- 1. Lather & Wood Soothing After-Shave Balm
- What To Look For When Choosing Aftershave Balm For Men
Top Best Sellers in Aftershave Balms for Men
10. Anthony Aftershave Balm
Anthony Aftershave Balm is a lightweight formula developed for men as an ideal finishing touch to shaving. After applying it to your face, it immediately absorbs into your skin to help “extinguish the fire.” This aftershave balm replenishes the skin’s hydration, heals and soothes minor redness and razor burns. It contains natural ingredients, including vitamins, and botanicals that won’t clog your pores. The bottle suggests that it doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients, such as parabens, propylene glycol or phthalates. A little dab of this product goes a long way, which in turn, allows you to get the most for your money.
- Restores moisture to your skin.
- Nourishes and protects your skin using vitamins.
- Can be used as a light moisturizer.
- Soothes irritation, redness and razor burns.
- Contains healthful ingredients, such as Vitamin A, C, and E, aloe vera gel, allantoin and botanical extracts.
- The scent has been a problem for a few customers.
- Some customers had issues with the price.
9. L’Oreal Paris Men Expert Comfort Max After Shave Balm
Men Expert Comfort Max After Shave Balm by L’Oreal Paris is suitable for men of all skin types. It fights the five mishaps of regular shaving, such as irritation, redness, razor burn, tightness and excessive dryness. This balm was formulated to undo the effects of shaving by soothing and moisturizing. Are you concerned with sun damage? With broad spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen, you can protect your skin from damaging UVA and UVB rays from the sun.
- Hydrates skin for 24 hours.
- Comes with broad spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen.
- Brings relief from irritation, redness, razor burns, tightness and dryness.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Makes skin soft and supple.
- Sunscreen in this product can leave behind stains.
- Has a greasy texture.
- Some customers feel it doesn’t invigorate the skin.
- May not stop bleeding.
8. Nivea For Men Energy, Double Action Balm
Nivea Double Action Balm contains caffeine to rejuvenate your skin and give you a fresh look within five to 10 seconds of applying it. It is a lightweight formula that goes into your skin the moment you put it on. Your skin is smoother after each application, making your skin less susceptible to shaving cuts. The citrus scent is pleasant and not overwhelming. Best of all, this product contains essential oils and the oxidized form (Ubiquinone) of an antioxidant known as, Coenzyme Q10 (COQ10). COQ10 makes your skin look younger by neutralizing free radicals that cause the skin to age faster.
- Moisturizes your skin for 24 hours.
- Contains an antioxidant that renders younger, healthier skin.
- Soothes your skin.
- Wakes up your skin and refreshes it.
- Smooths your skin and makes it looks healthy.
- Contains essentials oils, such as jojoba oil (Chinensis Oil) and sweet almond oil.
- Some customers don’t appreciate the scent.
- The quality of the squeeze bottle isn’t that good.
Other Topic: Top 10 Post Shave Balms 2018 Reviews
7. L’Occitane L’Occitan After Shave Balm
L’Occitan After Shave Balm alleviates signs of regular shaving, including dry skin, irritation and tightness. You simply apply it to your face and neck directly after shaving and start to reap the benefits. It goes on smooth and doesn’t leave behind a heavy, greasy residue. It contains shea butter that has healing and moisturizing properties. Additionally, this balm includes vegetable-based glycerin that hydrates your skin, and bisabolol and birch sap extract that soothe irritations. As a finishing touch, the balm leaves behind the masculine essence of L’Occitane cologne.
- Contains vegetable-based glycerin and shea butter for dual hydration.
- No greasy residue.
- Soothes skin irritations.
- Bisabolol extract conditions your skin.
- Has a nice cologne scent.
- Contains alcohol.
- May not be suitable for men with darker skin types.
6. Calvin Klein Obsession For Men After Shave Balm
What man can go without a little help from Calvin Klein? Calvin Klein happens to have an pretty awesome after shave balm, known as Obsession for Men After Shave Balm. It features the spicy, intoxicating scent of the classic cologne, Obsession for Men. Not only does it smell amazing, it moisturizes your skin, refreshes it and soothes irritations and razor burns.
- Has a light, great-smelling scent.
- Eases razor burns and irritations.
- Moisturizes your skin.
- It is expensive.
5. Baxter of California After Shave Balm
It is always a good thing to find an After Shave Balm that is free of alcohol. Alcohol dehydrates the skin and strips it of important vitamins and minerals. Baxter of California After Shave Balm is an alcohol-free, therapeutic balm that conditions, soothes and nourishes your face and neck after shaving. It contains essential oils and other healthful ingredients, including tea tree oil, aloe vera, glycerin and allantoin. With the help of these ingredients, you can bring life back to your dull, sensitive skin. Also, this balm has a great scent.
- Has no alcohol.
- Cools and soothes skin after shaving.
- Hydrates and renews skin.
- Protects skin from razor burns and irritation.
- May not help prevent razor bumps.
- Doesn’t work well on oily skin.
4. Nivea For Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Sensitive Post Shave Balm by Nivea has developed a new and improved formula that is even more gentle on your sensitive skin. It is formulated with Vitamin E, Chamomile and witch hazel that work together to soothe your irritated skin. No drying alcohol is used in this balm. The scent is light, gentle and won’t cause any irritation. Upon regular use, your skin’s natural defense may improve.
- Formulated for sensitive skin.
- Contains natural ingredients.
- Helps to develop your skin’s defense.
- Has no drying alcohol.
- May cause an allergic reaction in some men.
- Men with oily and acne-prone skin may need to avoid this product.
3. Dove Men+Care Post Shave Balm, Sensitive Plus
Regular shaving can take a toll on a man’s skin, causing him to acquire a few sensitivities. Dove Men+Care has developed a Post Shave Balm that takes care of sensitive skin. It is a lightweight, non-greasy formula that makes your skin healthy. This balm protects your skin from razor burns, redness, irritation and restores its moisture. After using it, your skin will immediately feel soothed and smooth. To ensure your sensitive skin is safeguarded from irritation, no alcohol or fragrance has been added. The formula contains Vitamin B-5, which also assists in combating irritation.
- Absorbs quickly into skin.
- Protects skin from redness, razor burns and irritation.
- Replenishes skin’s moisture.
- Specifically formulated for sensitive skin.
- Alcohol-free and fragrance-free.
- It has a distinctive smell.
- The formula may be too light for some men.
2. Bay Rum Aftershave Splash for Men
Bay Rum Aftershave is an old school classic that instantly and safely revitalizes your skin the moment you splash it on. Each bottle contains natural, premium ingredients, such as spices, herbs, citrus, essential oils and extracts. The formula is filtered then aged for 30 days. Once applied to your skin, it will instantly rejuvenate it with a burning sensation. You will also notice that your skin is fresh, hydrated and cool, despite of its alcohol content.
- Has all natural ingredients.
- Contains pure glycerin that moisturizes your skin.
- A burning sensation that lets you know it’s working.
- Does not have any synthetic chemicals or parabens.
- Comes with a 100% lifetime guarantee.
- Has a strong scent from the spices.
- Fragrance is too weak too smell.
- A little too pricey.
1. Lather & Wood Soothing After-Shave Balm
Are you looking for a great finish to your close shave? Then, give Lather & Wood Soothing After-Shave Balm a try. It glides onto your face and quickly absorbs into your skin, leaving your face touchably smooth. The alcohol-free, sandalwood formula soothes irritation, gets rid of razor burn and gives your face a sexy, healthy glow. Since the balm doesn’t contain alcohol, there is no uncomfortable burning sensation.
- Alleviates razor burn.
- Relieves irritation.
- Leaves behind no greasy residue.
- Contains no alcohol.
- Great for sensitive skin.
- Some customers believe it doesn’t moisturize well.
- Some customers did not favor the scent.
What To Look For When Choosing Aftershave Balm For Men
The role of Aftershave Balm is to replenish the skin by hydrating and conditioning it. It also should soothe it to prevent razor burns and irritation. One of the key things you should pay attention to when purchasing a balm is the ingredients. After all, Aftershave Balm is only as good as its ingredients. Any good balm should include plenty of natural ingredients, such as vitamins, essential oils and botanicals. What it should not include is harmful ingredients, such as parabens, propylene glycol, phthalates, petrochemicals and triclosan.