Dog kennels are an often over looked necessity when training – or just owning – one of mans four legged best friends. They’re a special space for your family’s furry companion. After all, they deserve their own space just as much as you do. Their an investment you can’t afford to over look – especially if your canine friend has a tendency to play a little to rough with shoes and furniture when your not home.
There are three types of crates that you can choose from for you pooch (for those of you that have never purchased one before). Your choices are wire, plastic, and soft. A soft create is ideal for smaller dogs due to their easy to carry and softer design.
It’s a great place for your dog to nap and it helps tot them from place to place. A plastic kennel is less expensive then its wire counterpart, and often come equipped with handles for road trips and pet visits. Finally the wire create is perfect for the home. It’s open air, and has sturdy latches to keep Fido in when you don’t want him out.
Before you chose the right create for you there are some things to consider: Price, Size, Portability and Warranty. You need to make sure your choice fits you budget and is good quality for what you spend. Remember a kennel is an investment. You also need to make sure that your crate of choice us comfortable for your pooch. You don’t want it to small or too much space. You need to decide if you want something stationary or something you can use to transport Fido. And finally make sure you have a warranty. You never know if and when something will happen.
Heres a list of ten to get you started on your Kennel purchasing journey:
Table of Contents
- 10. Midwest iCrate Pet Crates
- 09. MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate
- 08. AmazonBasics Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate
- 07. OxGord PT-CG-20 Double-Door Folding Metal Pet Crate
- 06. 2 Door Pet Wire Cage with ABS Pan
- 05. Petnation Port-A-Crate E2 Indoor/Outdoor Pet Home
- 04. Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel
- 03. Advantek Pet Gazebo Modular Outdoor Dog Kennel
- 02. Aspenpet Pet Porter Kennel
- 01. Prevue Pet Products Home On-The-Go Single Door Dog Crate
10. Midwest iCrate Pet Crates
The Midwest iCrate Pet Crates is a wire crate that’s ideal for dogs ranging from seventy-one to ninety pounds. Its double door design makes it ease for you pet to move in and out. All together the size of the crate is 42Lx 28W x 31H in inches. It’s priced at around forty-five dollars.
09. MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate
The MidWest Life Stages Folding Metal Dog Crate is another wire style crate. It’s easy set up and is another great choice for dogs in the seventy-one to ninety pound range. This crate features an easy to clean abs pad to keep it comfy inside the kennel. Over all size is 36L x 24W x 27H in inches. The price is set at around fifty-three dollars.
08. AmazonBasics Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate
The AmazonBasics Double-Door Folding Metal Dog Crate is another wire-constructed crate of this list. It measures about to approximately 36L x 23W x25H in inches. It’s designed with mini dividers to help avoid little paws from slipping through and becoming stuck. The kennel is roughly forty-two dollars.
07. OxGord PT-CG-20 Double-Door Folding Metal Pet Crate
The OxGord PT-CG-20 Double-Door Folding Metal Pet Crate is another perfect wire kennel for you to invest in. The cost is roughly forty-nine dollars. It’s made from a heavy duty ‘steel’ wire that will stand u to whatever Fido puts it through. It’s size is 42L x 27W x 30H in inches.
06. 2 Door Pet Wire Cage with ABS Pan
The 2 Door Pet Wire Cage with ABS Pan is number six on our list. It comes with two doors and has a great durable finish to make sure it can withstand most of the abuse you could put it through. It’s made from low carbon material to make sure its safe. It sells for about fifty-three dollars.
05. Petnation Port-A-Crate E2 Indoor/Outdoor Pet Home
The Petnation Port-A-Crate E2 Indoor/Outdoor Pet Home is a soft crate that’s both lightweight but great for indoor and outdoor use. It’s great for pets up to seventy pounds and folds up and down in seconds. Made from tightly woven fabric it’s a great soft kennel choice. It’s priced at around fifty dollars.
04. Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel
The Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel is definitely the small dogs crate. It’s a plastic style two-door carrier that is designed with easy access to your pet in mind. It’s durable and comes with a handle with transport in mind. It’s for about 14 pounds and is great for cats too.
03. Advantek Pet Gazebo Modular Outdoor Dog Kennel
The Advantek Pet Gazebo Modular Outdoor Dog Kennel is a perfect wire outside design. It allows for the maximum amount of protection from the elements. It’s a fast and east set up and it has a safe and secure latch. It’s priced at around 150 dollars. It’s a great choice for bigger or multiple dogs.
02. Aspenpet Pet Porter Kennel
The Aspenpet Pet Porter Kennel is another plastic carrier is good for around thirty to fifty pounds of pet. It meets airline standards making it even better for airline requirements. It’s a great lightweight design and is priced around seventy dollars.
01. Prevue Pet Products Home On-The-Go Single Door Dog Crate
The Prevue Pet Products Home On-The-Go Single Door Dog Crate is a great wire create for smaller dogs. It’s for smaller canines and is made of heavy framework to make sure it holds up to the tests its put through. The kennel clocks in at about forty dollars.
– There are three types of kennels Soft, Wire, and Plastic. The one you chose should reflect what exactly you plan to do with said Kennel.
– Price, Size, Portibility, and Warranty should all be considered when making an important purchase such as this
– A dog create is absolutely a necessity for pet owners.
Which ever you chose needs to reflect that you have thought over these variables and truly have your pets interest at heart as well as your goal or objective for the kennel.