Leaves plaguing your yard and driveway? Stress no more, when your electric leaf blower comes into play. Not only do these powerful tools make you look like a top notch landscaper, but can push those pesky leaves away from your yard and out of sight. Not to mention, they come in a variety of sizes and styles to choose from. Today, we are going to help you choose the best electric leaf blower for you and your home, as well as the top 10 we can recommend to go out and buy.
Table of Contents
- What To Look For When Choosing An Electric Leaf Blower
- 10. Black & Decker BV3600 12-Amp Blower Vac
- 9. Performance Tool W50063 600W Garage/Shop Blower
- 8. Pro-Series Electric Mighty Pro Blower
- 7. DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower
- 6. Black & Decker LSWV36 40V Lithium Ion Sweeper/Vac
- 5. BLACK+DECKER BV5600 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher
- 4. GreenWorks 24252 G-MAX 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower
- 3. BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20V MAX Lithium Ion Sweeper
- 2. Toro 51585 Power Sweep Electric Leaf Blower
- 1. Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric 160 MPH Blower
What To Look For When Choosing An Electric Leaf Blower
There are a few things you will want to consider when looking for a new electric leaf blower.
Type: There are two types of electric leaf blowers: corded and cordless ones. Corded blowers are powered by extension cords and cordless ones run on rechargeable batteries. Corded models are better for smaller yards whereas cordless blowers leave you untethered and free to roam.
Weight: All electric leaf blowers are fairly lightweight. Usually, they range from three to 15 pounds. You will be carrying the leaf blower around your yard for an extended period of time so be sure you find one light enough.
Speed: Some leaf blowers can be operated at various speeds. If you have a large property or have a lot of trees on your property, consider getting a blower that operates at higher speeds.
10. Black & Decker BV3600 12-Amp Blower Vac
Black & Decker is a highly reputable company that provides high-quality power tools such as this particular electric leaf blower. Sporting the classic orange and black colors, this leaf blower is powered with a 12-amp motor going up to 230 mph. The controls are very easy to use and consist of an on/off switch as well as a dual speed variant depending on what you are using it for. No need to charge this blower as well, just plug in and you’re good to go.
- Two speed variants
- Can instantly switch from vacuum to blower
- Blows up to 230 mph
- Poor battery quality
9. Performance Tool W50063 600W Garage/Shop Blower
This Performance Tool electric leaf blower is a great tool to have in your garage with an easy to use interface and simple controls. The handle has an extra large design for more control and comes with an attachable vacuum bag for an easy cleanup. In addition, it’s powerful 600W motor can go up to 75mph, which is suitable for any project you have in mind.
- Extra large handle
- Comes with a vacuum bag
- Can blow up to 75 mph
- Very loud
- Top 10 Best Electric Garden Tillers 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Electric Log Splitters for Sale 2018 Reviews
8. Pro-Series Electric Mighty Pro Blower
This lightweight and incredibly portable electric leaf blower offers a simple and easy to use design. Combined with a powerful 500W engine, there are barely any household projects this blower can’t finish. Whether you’re cleaning out your garden to removing leaves from your gutter, this pro blower is the tool for you.
- Lightweight design
- Easy portability
- Powerful motor at 500W
- Might be too small for larger projects
7. DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V MAX 5.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower
This massive DEWALT electric leaf blower is the king of the shed when it comes to landscaping power tools. With a large brushless motor and smart fan construction, this blower is a beast when it comes to home improvement projects. In addition, you can forget the cord while using this tool thanks to its 20V 5.0Ah lithium ion battery.
- Easy to grip handle
- Simple controls
- Variety of speed variants
- Poor battery quality
6. Black & Decker LSWV36 40V Lithium Ion Sweeper/Vac
This Black & Decker electric leaf blower includes an attachable bag and a 40V battery for use without a cord. Constructed of a durable plastic build, it includes a powerful engine that can suffice for most of your landscaping projects. In addition, the blower also includes a scraper and can convert from vacuum to blower mode with ease.
- Can easily convert to and from vacuum to blower modes
- Powered by long lasting lithium ion batteries
- Built in scraper for stuck debris in your yard, roof, or gutters
- Not as powerful as most blowers
5. BLACK+DECKER BV5600 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher
The BLACK+DECKER BV5600 High Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher is the three in one tool that your yard has been begging for. This is not just a leaf blower, it comes with an attachable bag which transforms it into a vacuum or mulcher. This blower boasts speeds of up to 250 mph. Despite being so powerful, it is also super quiet and lightweight, weighing only nine pounds.
- Versatile tool
- Time consuming to assemble
4. GreenWorks 24252 G-MAX 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower
The GreenWorks Cordless Leaf Blower delivers a lot of power in a compact body. This cordless blower is powered by a 40V battery and comes with a charger. It is also super lightweight and quieter than other models. The blower provides multiple air speeds of up to 150 mph.
- High speed blower
- Short battery life
3. BLACK+DECKER LSW20 20V MAX Lithium Ion Sweeper
This cordless Black and Decker leaf blower is super portable and easy to operate. It may only weigh 3.7 pounds, but this is still a highly powerful piece of machinery. This blower comes with a 20 volt battery and energy star certified charger. One of the best features of this leaf blower is the built-in scraper. This helps to loosen any wet leaves that may be stuck to surfaces.
- Wet leaf scraper
- 2 year limited warranty
- Short battery life
2. Toro 51585 Power Sweep Electric Leaf Blower
The Toro 51585 Power Sweep Electric Leaf Blower is another great choice The corded electric blower weighs just under five pounds. This makes it super easy to use for long jobs. It features 2-speed air control and can reach an air speed of 160 mph. The Toro 51585 is covered by a full two year warranty, should anything go wrong.
- 2 year full warranty
- Two speeds
- Does not come with a cord
1. Greenworks 24012 7 Amp Single Speed Electric 160 MPH Blower
The best electric leaf blower on the market in 2018 is the Greenworks 24012 Electric Blower. This is a corded leaf blower that weighs less than five pounds. It features an ergonomic design that makes it super comfortable and easy to carry around. It can reach speeds of up to 160 miles per hour. One of the best features is the Safety Cord Lock which keeps the cord from getting disconnected.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Use is simple
- Does not come with a cord
Leaf blowers are a critical tool to have in your arsenal, whether you’re a pro landscaper or enjoy working on general lawn care. Whether you like it or not, your yard is a big part of your home and making it look it’s best is an important job. Hopefully, with the help of this guide, you can pick out the best blower for your home and start spring cleaning on time.