The skin around the face is very delicate and as such needs delicate care and protection. This is just as important for your health as it is for your looks. Acne can be an annoying impediment to this. Acne breakouts are common among teenagers and even in more mature adults. In a world where people are increasingly becoming conscious of their facial appearances how do you deal with this problem? Young people ask. Well we got the answers after some digging up. We have put it together in the top 10 best proven treatments for stubborn acnes. What is better is you can administer all this by yourself.
10. Vitamin E
Vitamin E has in recent times stood out as one of the vitamins with great health benefits for the skin. It moisturizes the skin very robustly. By so doing, it fades away the spots and scars left behind by acne hence making them less visible. This is thanks to its moisturizing and hydrating properties. Another theory to the working of Vitamin E on human skin is that it assists vitamin A. vitamin A is thought to also have beneficial health effects on human skin. The two vitamins work together to give a better, healthy looking skin. So what are the sources of vitamin E. they are largely obtained from green food sources such as fruits and vegetables.
Vitamin E is taken up by the fat in the body after which it works together with vitamin A. the result is a glowing healthy natural looking skin. If you ever have dry skin or skin break outs, it is probably because you do not take sufficient Vitamin E in your diet. Alternatively use vitamin E oil or vitamin E capsule on your skin. You will need vitamin E oil or vitamin E capsule and then follow the instructions below.
- Steam your face so you open up the pores
- Take a few drops of the Vitamin E or in the case of capsule open it and obtain the oil and apply to your skin
- Massage the area with the oil in a circular fashion until all the oil is absorbed by the skin.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash it off.
- If you do this daily you surely will get the desired results
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has a number of beneficial properties. It has natural disinfectant properties and can be used as a natural antiseptic. When applied topically on the skin, it has properties that enable it to regulate the pH of the skin cells. Even more is that it has antibacterial properties as well as anti-inflammatory characteristics. These make Apple Cider Vinegar a smart choice for treating acnes. It clears microorganisms that might infect them.
Apple Cider Vinegar also has vital chemical components that are good for the skin. These include; carbolic acid, vitamins, ketones, minerals, amino acids and aldehydes some of which have antioxidant properties which help eliminate harmful chemical substances from the body. You can use it with water or honey. As it peels off the dead cells, it fades away the acnes making them less noticeable.
If you choose to use water here is what you need to do
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with water
- Prepare a cotton ball and dip in it
- Apply this to your face and leave for 5-10 minutes, the wash off with clean water
Do this once every day for good results.
Long before the human race developed antibiotics, they used honey to treat a wide array of diseases. In recent years it has come up as one of the remedies for acne. To begin with honey is an antiseptic. It therefore prevents microbial growth. So the bacteria in the pores cannot survive due to its high levels of sugar and acidity. Honey also possesses anti-inflammatory properties. This prevents swelling and the redness usually associated with acne. If you have dry skin, it also works as a humectant; it preserves the natural moisture of the skin and prevents peeling and dryness.
Here is how to go about it
- Apply the honey on your face and leave it overnight. Wash off. OR
- To ¼ cup of water add two tablespoons of honey and apply on your face. Let it stay overnight, wash off in the morning. OR
- To about ¼ of water add ½ teaspoons of cinnamon powder and 1 tablespoon of honey and apply on the acne. Let it stay for an hour. You can leave it overnight and wash off in the morning.
Do this once daily for results
7. Tea Tree Oil for Acne Scars
This is plant extract obtained from the Melaleuca alternifolia plant native to Australia. Tree oil has essential oils which have antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and antiseptic properties. These properties make tree oil one of the best remedies for not just acne but other skin conditions as well. The oil is effective in clearing hypertrohic scars which are usually raised. It works even for scars sustained from burns and injuries. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that are also helpful in ridding acnes. It also hydrates such scars making them to diminish gradually.
This is what you need to do;
- Add 2-4 drops of tea tree oil to 1-2 table spoonful of water (if the scar area is big adjust ratio appropriately)
- Use cotton ball to apply this to your skin.
- Repeat 2-3 times in a day for optimum effects
Precaution; do not use tree oil undiluted; it is too strong for the face to handle, especially if you have sensitive skin.
6. Raw Tomatoes
Did you know that red tomatoes too can help clear acne from your face? Yes it does. To begin with tomatoes balances skin pH levels. It contains antioxidants that protect the skin from the free radical which cause acne. Also tomatoes have moisturizing effects on the skin leaving is soft and smooth. Vitamins A, C, K, E, B1, B2, B3, and B6, present in tomatoes also help shrink pores and keep the skin nourished. Additionally it restores the skins natural oil balance thanks to its natural acidic properties.
At the same time, it has plenty of iron, potassium and other nutrients that yield better skin health and reduce formation of scars. Tomatoes contain salicylic acid, a major component of most commercial acne drugs. This has the effect of exfoliation, cleansing and removal of toxins from the skin.
Here is how to use tomatoes for your acnes;
- Cut a ripe tomato into pieces
- Crush the pieces to make a pulp
- Apply the pulp on the face and leave for 15-20 minutes then wash off.
- Repeat once daily for 1 to 2 weeks
Alternatively; you can use tomatoes with cucumber and avocado.
- Make a tomato pulp.
- Grate the avocado and cucumber and squeeze the juice
- Mix the 3 ingredients and apply on your face
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes then wash off with water.
5. Raw Potato
If you do not love potatoes, you have got to be a rare type. But that is not all about potatoes. They can actually be a perfect skin doctor .If you can be a little patient, raw potato can work quite well on your pimple scars and acne. Several vitamins and antioxidant compounds available in raw potatoes juice has some antibacterial properties and helps improve skin tone. Raw potatoes also contain high amount of minerals like Sulphur, Potassium and Phosphorous. These minerals have excellent skin care effects. A number of enzymes present in raw potato pulp can improve skin health.
To Clear Acne;
- Cut your potato into a few slices
- Using one slice, rub it over the skin in a circular motion until it feels dry
- Use another slice and do the same
- Repeat for about 15-20 minutes then leave the left overs on the skin so it is absorbed.
- Wash off.
Repeat 3-4 times a week for a month or two, you should see results
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda is yet another famously known remedy for ridding acne. It has great exfoliating effects. It has gentle but coarse granules of soda mixed when mixed with water is able to remove the layers of dead skin and does not cause any inflammation to the face. Baking soda is amphoteric in nature-it has both acidic and basic properties. Due to this property, it can regulate the pH of the skin. Imbalances of skin pH are a major cause of acne. Also, it helps to dry the skin of excess oils which is another cause of blackheads and skin breakouts. It also possesses mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory features which help to protect skin and treat acne.
This is how to do it with baking soda;
- Make consistent paste using water and several teaspoons of baking soda.
- Gently massage the paste on your face with emphasis on the acne area for 1-2 minutes and leave the paste for a few minutes
- Wash off with warm water
- Apply suitable moisturizer, preferably olive oil
- Do this 2-3 times a week
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil is rich in vitamins that improve the process of healing of acnes. it also helps prevent formation of scars. It has high levels of antioxidants. Polyphenols are the most abundant type of antioxidant in olive oil. These are very essential in washing away dangerous chemicals that can clog the pores leading to formation of acne. Also olive oil possesses anti-inflammatory properties which counter the inflammation usually caused by the acnes. It is a reliable exfoliator and de-clogger for the skin.
How to apply olive oil for acne
Once you have the olive oil, some warm water and cotton or a clean towel, you are good to go.
- Gently massage a little olive oil on the face while concentrating on the acne
- Massage for some time until all the oil is absorbed into the skin
- Drape a clean towel into the water and put it over your face to get steam
- Wipe out the excess oil with the cloth taking care not to rub
- Wash off with normal water after 1-2 minutes
2. Aloe Vera
Some people just call it a wonder herb. It has received a lot of recognition in the recent years as a herb with several health benefits. One of them is certainly its effect on the skin. So how does it achieve this? It contains a growth hormone called gibberellins, a polysaccharide called glucomannan-which is rich in mannose. These when consumed improve the rate of synthesis of collagen. Gibberellins and the polysaccharides inhibit the bacteria which inhabit the clogged pores because they have antibacterial activity.
Aloe Vera also absorbs excess oil from the facial skin leaving it dry and smooth. Still, it has glycoproteins which have anti-inflammatory action. It has antioxidants and vitamin C, Zinc, and vitamin E which are vital for healthy skin.
How to use aloe Vera
- Peel the outer green cover off the Aloe Vera leaf
- A gel like substance oozes, apply it on the scars or pores and leave for about half an hour
- Wash off
- Apply two times daily for the best results in a few days. You will not only see the acne diminish, you will realize your skin lighten
1. Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon closes the list and is our top choice for acne remediation. Firstly it has astringent characteristics. This is beneficial because it constricts the tissues of the body thus pushing out oil from the skin. Its vitamin c component helps to rebuild the collagen of the skin. It also possesses antiseptic characteristics which help to kill bacteria that infest acnes. This is because it is acidic and keeps in check bacteria that grows on the skin.
How to use lemon for acne
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice from the lemon and apply the juice directly to the scars of the acne with clean fingers or a cotton ball.
- Let it stay for ten minutes and then wash off with water.
- If you do this once every day for 2 weeks, the scars should diminish and the skin should have lightened.
With the many anti acne drug that are available in the market today, we know it is close to impossible to determine which one is fake which one is not. But you can never go wrong with the remedies we have suggested. We urge you to take your time and try them out. Find which one of them works for you; we are certain one of the 10 should if not all. It is time to say “goodbye” to those acnes and say” hello” to glowing skin.