When it comes to bike riding, without proper transportation, most individuals are stuck riding around their immediate area. Bike racks for SUV car are extremely helpful for getting you out to enjoy a nice bike ride away from home. These racks conveniently attach quickly and easily to SUVs so you can load your bikes on and go. When purchasing bike racks for SUV car, it is important to look for durable and reliable racks that mount easily and hold the number of bikes you need to be supported. There are ten bike racks that rank higher than the rest on the market, each of which is detailed below.
10. 3-Bike Trunk Mount by TYGER
- 10. 3-Bike Trunk Mount by TYGER
- 9. Aluminum Folding Bike Rack by Allen Sports
- 8. Bike Carrier by Pro-Series
- 7. Bike Rack by Allen Sports
- 6. Deluxe Trunk Mount 3-Bike Carrier by Allen Sports
- 5. 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack by Swagman
- 4. Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack by Allen Sports
- 3. Deluxe Bike Trunk Rack by Allen Sports
- 2. 4-Bike Rack by Allen Sport
- 1. The 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack by Allen Sports
The 3-bike rack from Tyger comes fully assembled and ready to fit most hatchbacks, sedans, SUVs, and minivans. This rack is strong and sturdy and extremely reliable.
- The padded frame works excellent for keeping your vehicle safe from scratches and marks from the bikes. The rack is coated with black e-coating that works to prevent bars from rusting. The arms fold down for storage when not in use. Installs quickly and easily.
- Users find it difficult to comfortably fit three adult size bikes to the rack.
9. Aluminum Folding Bike Rack by Allen Sports
This aluminum bike rack by Allen Sport has a patent pending design perfect for solo riding. The rack is designed to fit most SUVs, minivans, sedans, and hatchbacks holding bikes up to 35-lbs.
- The padded lower frame protects your vehicle by keeping the bicycle away. The individual tie-downs work to secure and protect bicycles during transportation. This rack is extremely lightweight, weighing in at only 3-pounds.
- Some individuals had difficulty mounting their bikes onto the rack due to the limited spacing between the support bars.
8. Bike Carrier by Pro-Series
The eclipse rack by Pro-Series has three designs ready to support two, three, or four bicycles on your vehicle. This rack allows trunk access and works well for unloading and loading bikes.
- Bikes are held on with a hook and loop strap system, which enables quick and easy removal and loading of bikes. The soft rubber cups on the support racks work to secure your bike while adding a buffer of protection against scratching. The rear reflector ensures other drivers on the road can see the rack attached to your vehicle.
- Some owners find that this rack is quite heavy to remove and attach.
7. Bike Rack by Allen Sports
This steel framed bike rack is made in the USA and designed to secure one bike properly during traveling and commutes. The three padded leg rests against the vehicle, ensuring a strong and reliable hold.
- The rack includes three adjustable security straps which work to ensure the bike and frame are all properly secured. The tie-downs and padding keep the bikes in place, away from the vehicle to prevent scratching and damage. The rack can come off easily and folds up nice and compact, fitting inside an average size backpack.
- Bike pedals and front wheels lack security when mounted, allowing them to easily move during transport.
6. Deluxe Trunk Mount 3-Bike Carrier by Allen Sports
This carrier is designed to hold three bicycles while attached to an SUV, minivan, sedan, or hatchback. This rack comes fully assembled so you can just open it up and pop it onto your vehicle.
- The padded lower frame works to keep bikes away from the vehicle. This rack comes with tie-downs that secure and protect bicycles during transportation. Installs in seconds.
- Securing straps do not come coated with cushions so users worry that they will cause scratching to vehicles over time if not protected.
5. 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack by Swagman
The XC Cross-Country bike rack by Swagman is designed to fit a 1 1/4-inch and 2-inch receiver. This rack holds bikes up to 35-pounds each and has a center arm that folds down so you can easily access the rear-of-vehicle without having to remove the entire rack.
- The ratcheting arms stand in an upright position, making the easy to adjust to fit different sized bikes. The rack itself has a built-in anti wobble hitch device and installs within minutes.
- Some users find the rack itself allows some movement, so they recommend strapping down the bikes to prevent wheels and pedals from turning.
4. Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack by Allen Sports
This reliable, strong, and sturdy bike carrying system by Allen Sports fits most SUVs, minivans, sedans, and hatchbacks. The 12-inch long carry arms are designed to fit a wide range of bike styles and sizes so you can get out there riding quicker than ever imagined possible.
- The arms are spread 11.5-inches apart, guaranteeing greater compatibility with different bike styles. The design has a single configuration element, which ensures hassle free setup and installation.
- Some individuals are disappointed with the quality of the straps and find that they can fray and snap with only a few months of use.
3. Deluxe Bike Trunk Rack by Allen Sports
The deluxe 2-bike mount rack is designed to fit the trunks and gates of SUVs, minivans, sedans, and hatchback due to the patented design offered by Allen Sports. This rack has a padded lower frame that works to protect both your vehicle and bikes during transportation.
- This rack comes fully assembled, so you can just remove it from the packaging and quickly attach it to your vehicle. Bike installation is extremely easy and the rack itself has side straps that add more lateral stability. The bikes are protected with the addition of individual tie-downs that work to secure your bike on even the bumpiest terrains.
- The tubes that the security straps attach to rotate freely, which makes it easy for the bikes to bump out of position while transporting.
2. 4-Bike Rack by Allen Sport
Allen Sport offers their deluxe 4-bike rack with a 2-inch receiver and 22-inch long carry arms. The rack works to secure each bike individually with their patented tie-down system.
- This rack sets up and installs easily in under five minutes. The frame has a sturdy steel construction and a powder coat finish. The folding carry arms allow you to drop down the arms when not in use. This rack comes with a lifetime warranty through the company.
- The hitch pin hole for the receiver is smaller in size, so your standard pin will not fit in properly.
1. The 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack by Allen Sports
This bike rack is designed to secure two bikes to your vehicle and provide adequate and reliable transportation to your destination. The patented frame design is sure to fit sedans, SUVs, minivans, and hatchbacks securely.
- This bike rack has lower frame padding that prevents your bike from hitting your vehicles during transportation. This rack has 12-inch long carry arms and comes fully assembled so you can just attach and go. The longer carry arms work great for accommodating any size bike.
- Fitting two bikes is possible, but it can be a challenge depending on the size and style of the bikes.