A vacuum food sealer allows you to preserve food, and many of the best models are easy to use. With a food sealer, you can seal large amounts of food, and the vacuum seal prevents the food from going bad. After your food has been sealed, you can tuck it into the freezer.
Food sealers are very good at preserving food because they remove oxygen from the container, which prevents bacteria growth. When liquids, meats and vegetables are exposed to oxygen, bacteria causes these food items to spoil.
If you’re looking for the best vacuum food sealers, there are different types of products to consider. For example, many consumers prefer a countertop model because it’s compact and easy to use. With a countertop model, you can easily seal liquids and solid food.
Some other products run on batteries and feature a handheld design. A chamber vacuum sealer removes most of the air from the chamber, and it’s popular for professional use. An external sealer only removes air from a bag, and it’s ideal for home use.
Table of Contents
- 10. FoodSaver FM2100-000 Vacuum Sealing System
- 9. Ivation Vacuum Sealer for Food Preservation
- 8. FoodSaver V3460 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System
- 7. Weston Pro-2300 Stainless Steel Vacuum Sealer
- 6. FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System
- 5. FoodSaver FM2000-FFP Vacuum Sealing System
- 4. Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealing System with Bag Starter Kit
- 3. Seal-a-Meal Manual Vacuum Sealer with compact design
- 2. Upgraded, Crenova VS100 Vacuum Sealing System
- 1. FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit
10. FoodSaver FM2100-000 Vacuum Sealing System
The FoodSaver FM2100-000 features newer technology, and it significantly minimizes the amount of bag material needed to preserve food. When compared with many alternative products, it uses about 40 percent less material.
To provide maximum control, this product comes with food settings for dry and moist food. It also features a roll cutter and storage.
The FoodSaver FM2100-000 has a vertical design, and it’s great for countertop use. This product comes with five bags, and the accessory hose makes it easy to seal your favorite types of food.
- Great for sealing vegetables and beef
- Can dramatically increase food lifespan
- Produces minimal bag waste
- Made with removable drip tray
- Uses manual operation
- Requires some elbow grease
9. Ivation Vacuum Sealer for Food Preservation
The Ivation vacuum sealer is an important appliance for every cook, and by removing the air from a food storage bag, it can dramatically improve the lifespan of your food.
Since it removes the oxygen from the bag, it prevents contamination from insects, mildew, mold and microbes. When compared to conventional storage methods, this product can make most foods last up to five times longer. It’s even useful for protecting food from freezer burn.
The Ivation vacuum sealer comes with 10 bags, and it features a built-in port for additional accessories. With a compact, lightweight design, it’s easy to move around and can be kept on a countertop.
- Perfect for delicate foods
- Can accommodate additional accessories
- Two settings for moist and dry food
- Fast vacuum operation
- Might be very loud for some people
- Can get quite messy
8. FoodSaver V3460 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System
The FoodSaver V3460 is an automatic sealing system, which is great for consumers who’d like to avoid manual labor. This product takes the hard work out of sealing and preserving food, and it features a compact, vertical design.
The FoodSaver V3460 is completely automatic, and it comes with two different vacuum speeds. For an optimal seal, it offers different settings for moist and dry food. This product comes with a convenient bag cutter and roll holder, but it’s designed to work best with FoodSaver bags.
- Sealing strips uses heat for a tighter seal
- Drip tray is dishwasher safe
- Significantly prolongs the lifespan of food
- Great for marinating steaks and chicken
- Requires manual operation
- Moisture detection could be improved
7. Weston Pro-2300 Stainless Steel Vacuum Sealer
The Weston Pro-2300 seals food rapidly, and it features a transparent lid. For delicate, moist foods, it has a manual mode, and with powerful suction technology, it can make most types of food last five times longer. This product uses 935 watts of power, and it features a stainless-steel design.
It’s one of the best countertop vacuum sealers available, and since it comes with an automatic mode, it can seal food with the press of a single button.
- Powerful motor runs on 935 watts
- 5mm seal bar creates a solid seal
- Can seal through moisture
- Cooled motor prevents overheating
- Size is quite large
- Doesn’t have a built-in bag cutter
- Can’t be used with FoodSaver bags
6. FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System
Here we have an appliance that is designed for food sealing, and for easier sealing of zipper bags, canisters and containers, it comes with a handheld sealer.
This appliance automatically detects the bag, and to seal your favorite foods, it only requires two simple steps. The handheld sealer eliminates the need for most extra attachments. For the best results, this product is designed to work with FoodSaver rolls and bags.
- Great for sealing delicate food
- Handheld sealer makes sealing certain foods easier
- Uses heat to produce a tighter seal
- Automatic operation
- Portable sealer doesn’t retract too well
- Compressor might be too loud for some users
5. FoodSaver FM2000-FFP Vacuum Sealing System
The FoodSaver FM2000-FFP is a top vacuum sealer, and it’s designed to use minimal bag material. This product features a removable drip tray, and if you love to save your food, it can save you a lot of time.
This product works best with FoodSaver bags, and it uses about 40 percent less bag material than many alternative vacuum sealers. Since the drip tray is removable, you can avoid messy food waste. When used frequently, this product can save you thousands of dollars per year on food.
- Removeable drip tray prevents messy cleanups
- Works great with FoodSaver bags
- Uses less bag material than other units
- Long cord length
- Closing latch can be hard to operate at first
- Might be too loud for some users
4. Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealing System with Bag Starter Kit
The Nesco VS-02 vacuum sealer can eliminate freezer burn and reduce food waste. It features one-touch operation and shuts off automatically.
It comes with a built-in bag cutter and works especially well for moist food. This product comes with two bags, and if you’re looking for a basic vacuum food sealer, this product is worth considering.
- Comes with two bags
- Prevents food from spoiling
- Feels solid and can be used continuously
- Significantly extends the life of your food
- Doesn’t play very well with larger bags
- Can’t be used to seal food with sharp edges
3. Seal-a-Meal Manual Vacuum Sealer with compact design
The Seal-a-Meal manual vacuum sealer requires manual operation, but it’s a very affordable product. It features a simple press-and-release system, and since it has a patented removable drip tray, it catches juices from meat and fruit. This product comes with useful indicator lights, and for easier storage, it features a compact design.
- Works great with FoodSaver bags
- Great for planning and prepares bulk meals
- Preserves nutrients and makes food last longer
- Perfect for fresh fish, cheese and homemade cookies
- Not the best choice for marinating meat
- Power cord could be longer
2. Upgraded, Crenova VS100 Vacuum Sealing System
Here we have the upgraded Crenova VS100 vacuum system, and it can keep food fresh for six times longer than conventional storage methods.
This product uses strong vacuum pressure to remove all air from the bag, and it’s especially useful for canning jars and food storage bags. You can use this product to prolong the lifespan of snacks, nuts, fruit and meat, and it’s very easy to use.
- Three different pulse functions
- Wide sealing strip works for large bags
- Sealing and vacuum functions can be used separately
- Pulse mode is easy to use
- Could be made with a stronger design
- Sealing strip can burn you
1. FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit
The FoodSaver V2244 is another popular model, and it comes with a total of five bags. This product features a compact size and uses manual operation.
The drip tray is removable and can be washed in a standard dishwasher. This food sealer is designed to preserve delicate foods, and you don’t have to worry about it crushing the food. The accessory port is great for sealing marinates and canisters, and it can seal most foods in minutes.
- Makes most types of food last five times longer
- Great for bread, vegetables, coffee beans and fish
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t crush delicate food
- Not ideal for sous vide
- Vacuum suction could be stronger
The top vacuum sealers can prolong the lifespan of most types of food, and they can help you save thousands of dollars on food waste. If you’re looking for an easy way to make your favorite foods last longer, then you need the best vacuum sealer.