Onion choppers are essential tools in your kitchen because slicing or dicing onions the old-fashioned way can be rather punishing. Manual cutting exposes your eyes to the onion vapor which is irritating. This situation is unavoidable because onions form a basic recipe in most dishes. Therefore, you need a lifesaver onion chopper. Not only will this kitchen appliance save your time but it will also help you avoid slicing off or bruising your finger each time you cook.
Table of Contents
- Top Best Sellers in Onion Choppers
- 10. Fullstar Vegetable Chopper Onion and Fruit Cutter
- 9. Cuisinart CTG-00-SCHP Stainless Steel Chopper
- 8. Prepworks by Progressive Onion Chopper
- 7. Ninja Express Chop (NJ110GR)
- 6. Freshware KT-402 2-in-1 Chopper
- 5. Brieftons Manual Food Chopper
- 4. Chef’n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper (Arugula)
- 3. BLACK+DECKER HC306 One-Touch Electric Chopper
- 2. Vidalia Chopper Pro Vegetable Chopper
- 1. Vidalia Chop Wizard
- What to Look for When Purchasing an Onion Chopper:
Top Best Sellers in Onion Choppers
10. Fullstar Vegetable Chopper Onion and Fruit Cutter
This 5-in-1 vegetable and onion chopper provide five interchangeable blades with which you can perform multiple cuttings. A Fullstar Vegetable Chopper is a great tool for dicing onions in the desired sizes with the help of its adjustable blade system. It is multifunctional, hence will replace most of the other slicing or dicing tools in your kitchen. Another plus for this chopper is that you can disassemble it for easy and quick wash up. It also has a non-skid base for better stability and grip on your counter top.
- Disassembles for faster washing
- It is multipurpose
- Five functional interchangeable blades
- Firm and stable during use
- Top-rack dishwasher safe
- Has several parts that can get lost in the kitchen rubble
- Onions may get stuck between the blades giving users a hard time to push out
9. Cuisinart CTG-00-SCHP Stainless Steel Chopper
Unlike the other onion choppers in the market, Cuisinart CTG -00-SHCHP features a stainless steel design making it durable and easy to wash. It works by pressing on the lever once to achieve a clean chop and twice to dice the onions. Consequently, if you want fine slices, press it repeatedly. Its build allows it to handle even the tougher ingredients besides the onions. Despite being metal, its price is friendlier than most plastic competitors on this list. Cuisinart disassembles easily to allow a hassle-free wash.
- Durable due to the metallic build
- Easy to use, it has a soft push down handle
- It is less pricey than most of its competitors
- Its blades are dull
- It is quite hard to clean its blades
- The blades may stop rotating with every push after some period of usage
- Top 15 Best Vegetable And Fruit Choppers 2018 Reviews
- Top 15 Best Electric Vegetable Choppers 2018 Reviews
8. Prepworks by Progressive Onion Chopper
Prepworks is a simple onion chopper that works in a swift movement and at the same time keeping the onion vapors from reaching your eyes. The outer body is of strengthened plastic material while its blades are crafted from stainless steel. It is self-guiding during use; just place the onion in it and close the lid to slice and dice them. Another fantastic feature is its non-sliding holder that provides the user with more accommodation.
- Simply designed and easy to use
- It is a mainstream item specifically for chopping onions
- Cheap yet functional
- Easy to wash
- Keeps onion vapors away from your eyes
- It breaks easily because of the plastic build
- The bumps on the top can crack after long term use ending up in your food
- Its metal grate is hard to clean
7. Ninja Express Chop (NJ110GR)
The ninja express chopper allows you to chop onions when cooking effortlessly. It is an electric chopper with a 200-watt power pod. Besides that, it comes with a 3-cup container that is free of BPA and is also safe for the dishwasher. Ninja Express falls among the easiest to use onion choppers, thanks to its easy to handle ergonomic power head.
- It is quite user-friendly
- Electricity operated hence requires less effort to use
- Works exceptionally with a variety of vegetables
- The base is fragile hence susceptible to breaking when not supported
- Food may stick between the motor and the gear spinning the blades
- The parts are rather expensive, costs almost as much as purchasing a new product
6. Freshware KT-402 2-in-1 Chopper
The Freshware 4 in 1 onion chopper deserves all the credit with regards to ease of use. The design of its blades is meant specifically for onion chopping and is very sharp. To operate it, place an onion half on its sharp edge and shut the lid. Two swift movements will dice the whole onion in a split second. Freshware has other four dedicated blades for different chopping needs. In addition to that, it is mess free because the chopped onions or vegetables collect in a convenient container under it.
- A slip-proof base that sits firmly on your counter
- The container can store chopped vegetables since it comes with a separate storage lid
- Four dedicated blades for different chopping techniques
- Comes with a cleaning accessory to scrape off leftovers
- It breaks quickly
- May chip away the top plastic during use
5. Brieftons Manual Food Chopper
The Brieftons manual onion chopper features a light conservative design as well as an excellent functionality. Brieftons chopper is made of plastic making it light and portable. Being manual, Brieftons onion chopper is operated by a powerful handheld hub. Other great features possessed by this chopper include a 3-cup container and an easy to wash design. The chopped contents are housed in the container making little or no mess while in use.
- Convenient and quieter than electric choppers
- Easy to use
- Easy cleaning
- It is functional and versatile
- Smaller capacity than other choppers
4. Chef’n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper (Arugula)
The Chef’n Veggichop is an exceptional onion and vegetable chopper with a basic outline and design. Considering its easy to use nature, it perhaps is one of the best choppers in the market today. The onion chopper is hand controlled and uses a rotating sharp blade to slice your onions in desirable portions. Chef’n VeggieChop is portable making it suitable for travel.
- Requires no power to operate
- Straightforward and ergonomic
- It isn’t durable like other premium choppers
- The lid can be hard to unscrew especially with wet hands
3. BLACK+DECKER HC306 One-Touch Electric Chopper
Black Decker is a reliable 70-watt electric chopper that performs remarkable chopping, mincing, and dicing of vegetables. Its fixed precision blades provide precise cuts the way you want it. Black Decker also comes with a durable bowl for storing chopped content and an ergonomic button for pulse control. To ensure safety, the manufacturer put a safety lock on the lid to maintain the chopped vegetables inside the bowl when chopping.
- Works fast by regulating the pulse strength
- High-quality design with remarkable functionality
- Hard to wash due to its motorized parts
- The safety lock for the lid breaks easily
2. Vidalia Chopper Pro Vegetable Chopper
Vidalia chopper Pro is one of the best hand operated onion choppers in the market today. It is a bestseller due to its sturdy, quick and functional design. Besides that, it is so easy to use, you just put the onion between the cutting edges and pull down the lever to dice them. Vidalia is an elite tool for nearly all your vegetable chopping needs. The sharp teeth on both sides slice through vegetables with a slight push on the lever.
- It has two sharp edges for efficient cutting
- Comes with a handy tool for cleaning the lid
- It is not durable
1. Vidalia Chop Wizard
This is yet another exceptional chopper from Vidalia line of products. It works fast providing you with chopped, diced or sliced vegetables. This appliance has an excellent cutting capability due to the two sharp insert facets. Vidalia chop wizard comes with a catch container which can be used as a measuring cup, thanks to its calibrations.
- It is dishwasher safe
- It is easy to use
- Easily breaks
What to Look for When Purchasing an Onion Chopper:
When buying an onion chopper, you need to decide whether to pick an electric or manual one. Another point to consider is the utility of the particular appliance you choose. Is it just for onions or can it be used for other vegetables too? Finally, check the outstanding features that make your choice better than the rest.