Most people may experience some discomfort and irritation on their skin after a shave. If you are one of such people, then you need a post shave balm to soothe and calm your skin after each shave. A good post shave balm prevents irritation, hydrates its skin, and may eliminate skin sensitivity after using it regularly.
The best post shave balms are those ones that deliver the desired results, are affordable, and are safe to use. Most of the recommended post shave balms are formulated with ingredients that hydrate and soothe your skin. Furthermore, good post shave balms should have the ability to rejuvenate your skin while reducing redness. Below, we have picked top post shave balms that might improve your shaving experience.
Table of Contents
- 10. Woody’s Shave relief balm
- 9. Dreadnought’s Post Shave Balms
- 8. JB Post shaves cooling gel
- 7. Nivea post shave balm
- 6. Dove post shave balm
- 5. Proraso Aftershave Balm
- 4. Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
- 3. Nivea Post Shave Balm for men with sensitive skin.
- 2. Lather and Wood Aftershave Lotion
- 1. Clubman Aftershave Lotion
10. Woody’s Shave relief balm
Woody’s shave relief improves your skin’s moisture levels eliminating a dryness that causes skin irritation and the discomfort related with shaving. Another important factor that makes this post shave relief balm a good product is that it does not make you feel greasy after application.
- Its large 6 Oz size will serve you for a long time.
- Woody’s post shave balm has a citrus fragrance that makes you feel fresh.
- It is cheaper than most post shave balms of its size.
- The product is not suitable for people who prefer scentless post shave balms.
9. Dreadnought’s Post Shave Balms
This post shave balm from Dreadnought is formulated from ingredients that shield you from nasty side effects of shaving like razor burns, irritation, and dry skin. Just like most top post shave balms, this post shave balm is safe on your skin.
- It’s free of Paraben, a harmful ingredient used in some post-shave balms.
- The post shave balm contains decline, an element that delays hair growth.
- It has a pleasant smelling fragrance.
- The post shave balm also contains isopropyl alcohol, an ingredient that can cause an itchy feeling after shaving.
- Top 10 Electric Razors for Women 2018 Reviews
- Top 15 Shaving Soaps 2018 Reviews
- Top 15 Best Shaving Creams for Men 2018 Reviews
- Top 10 Aftershave Balms for Men 2018 Reviews
8. JB Post shaves cooling gel
JB’s post shave cooling gel is a 3.3 Oz alcohol-free after shave that shields you against razor burns, cuts, ingrown hair, and skin irritation. Furthermore, this post shave cooling gel contains natural ingredients that reduce inflammations that may result after a shave. Also, the post shave’s antibacterial effect protects you against bacterial infections.
- It is formulated with natural ingredients like chamomile, rosemary, and aloe vera that are safe for use.
- JB post shave cooling gel is free of colors, Paraben, and artificial fragrance.
- The post shave balm is also rich in antioxidants that rejuvenate your skin.
- Jack Black’s post shave may make your skin feel sticky.
7. Nivea post shave balm
This 3.3 Oz post shave balm from Nivea contains Vitamin E, an anti-oxidant that supports the health of your skin. Also, this post shave balm contains natural ingredients like chamomile and witch hazel whose extract have a soothing effect on irritated skin. Other ingredients in this post shave product include water, glycerin, soybean oil, and fragrance.
- It improves your skin’s defense mechanism after regular use.
- It is friendly on sensitive skin.
- The post shave balm has a pleasant cologne.
- This post shave balm may trigger the growth of pimples on some users.
6. Dove post shave balm
This 3.4 Oz post shave balm from Dove is free of alcohol, and it contains Vitamin B5, which reduces skin irritation. The post shave balm reduces skin redness, shields you against skin burns, and keeps your skin hydrated. Other ingredients in this formula include water, stearic acid, sodium lactate, glycerin, and Capric Triglyceride.
- It absorbs quickly into your skin once applied.
- The post shave balm is specially formulated for sensitive skin.
- Dove’s post shave balm’s fragrance-free nature makes it a good fit for individuals who are allergic to various fragrances.
- The post shave balm may not hydrate your skin appropriately.
5. Proraso Aftershave Balm
This aftershave balm and moisturizer from Proraso is formulated to rejuvenate your skin while protecting it against razor burns, irritation, and any other discomfort that might result from a shave. The primary ingredients that make up this post shave balm include vitamin E, aloe vera extracts, and licorice extracts.
- It hydrates dry skin.
- The post shave balm’s ingredients like vitamin E and aloe vera extracts play a synergistic role in improving the health of your skin.
- It is Alcohol and Paraben free.
- The post shave formula may not be suitable for people who are sensitive to fragrance.
4. Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
The 4 Oz aftershave splash from Bay Rum is prepared from natural ingredients like citrus oil, glycerin, and bay leaves’ extracts that hydrate and soothe your skin after a shave. Most people love this aftershave formula because it is free of synthetic chemicals, artificial colors, GMO oils, and Paraben. As such, regular use of this post-shave splash won’t affect your health.
- The post shave balm absorbs quickly to leaves your skin moisturized.
- It comes with a money back guarantee.
- Bay Rum aftershave splash has a pleasant smell.
- The nice smell lasts for only a short period.
3. Nivea Post Shave Balm for men with sensitive skin.
This post shave balm for men with sensitive skin contains ingredients like glycerin, water, chamomile extracts, witch hazel extracts, phenoxyethanol, and fragrance. These components improve your skin’s health, and they shield your skin against the discomfort and irritation that results after shaving.
- This post shave balm from Nivea is dermatologically tested for men with sensitive skin.
- The standard pack contains three pieces that will last you for several days.
- Prolonged use of the post shave product increases your skin’s defense.
- It may not be suitable for people who are sensitive to fragrance.
2. Lather and Wood Aftershave Lotion
This is an alcohol-free formula that contains natural ingredients like aloe vera extracts, coconut oil, witch hazel extracts, Vitamin E, Rosemary leaf extracts, jojoba, and neem seed oil. The post shave lotion eliminates razor burns, and it soothes irritated skin. It is non-greasy in nature, and it absorbs easily after application.
- It is alcohol-free.
- The post shave formula improves your skin condition after a period of use.
- It has a pleasant smell.
- The spray pump that dispenses the shave lotion may fail after a period of use.
- Its scent may not be suitable for people who are sensitive to a fragrance.
1. Clubman Aftershave Lotion
The Clubman aftershave lotion is formulated from SD alcohol, treemoss extracts, oakmoss extracts, water, fragrance, and citral. The ingredients improve the healing process of razor burns, and they soothe sensitive skins. Its large 6 Oz capacity means you will use the aftershave lotion for an extended period.
- The aftershave lotion is made of natural ingredients that are safe for use.
- It has a sweet smelling cologne that has a masculine fragrance.
- The aftershave lotion has a reasonable price-quantity ratio.
- Its masculine fragrance might be offensive to sensitive individuals.
Shaving is a critical part of grooming. However, some people often experience skin irritation, razor burns, and other discomforts after a shave. If you are tired of skin irritation after a shave, then you need to spice up your shaving with a post shave balm. The post shave balms save you from skin irritation, nourish your skin, and give you an improved shaving experience.