Not all of us are fortunate enough to own brand-new vehicles with Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMSes) built into them. TPMSes come in handy, as they prevent you from getting a flat or blowing out a tire while driving. The system detects high/low pressure and temperature and signals the driver when psi or temperature are too high/low. This can save you money on repairs and towing, so it’s a smart idea to get one installed, especially if you do a lot of driving.
What to Look for in a Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- What to Look for in a Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Top Best Sellers in Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
- 10. Rrtizan Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- 9. TireTraker TT-500
- 8. TST 507 Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- 7. Tire Minder TM55c-A Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- 6. VICTONY Tire Pressure Monitor System
- 5. EK215T10 Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- 4. EEZTire Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- 3. ACDelco 23445327 GM Original Equipment Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- 2. STEELMATE Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- 1. Dorman 974-009 Tire Pressure Monitor System Sensor
The best TPMSes tend to come with multiple sensors that have long ranges from monitor to sensor. Some TPMSes are made specifically for family vehicles while others are also compatible with trailers and larger trucking industry vehicles. You will want a TPMS with long-last, replaceable batteries, an easy-to-read backlit monitor, easy-to-read installation directions, and the most accurate readouts possible.
Top Best Sellers in Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
10. Rrtizan Tire Pressure Monitoring System
The Rritzan Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is a system that monitors the tire pressure in each of a vehicle’s four tires. It can be charged through the cigarette lighter in the vehicle. When the TPMS detects air leakage in a tire, it will issue a voice alert to the driver, indicating which tire is experiencing the air leakage. Additionally, the TPMS also measures the temperature in each tire.
This TPMS is small in size, has an anti-theft design, and displays data for all tires simultaneously. The monitor will go into sleep mode when it detects that the vehicle hasn’t been in motion for five minutes.
- System is easy to install
- Display is easy to read
- You will need a repeater if you have a fifth tire or if the distance from the monitor to the sensors is more than 26 feet
9. TireTraker TT-500
This innovative and easy-to-use TPMS comes with a lifetime warranty, and the monitor can be mounted either on the vehicle’s window or dash.
The TireTracker TT-500 features a detachable 12-volt micro USB cord, 10 wireless tire pressure monitoring sensors with replaceable batteries, a programmable monitor, a pedestal mounting bracket kit, 10 sensor locks, and a user manual.
- Sensors have battery lives of 1-2 years
- Easy to set up and use
- If you have balancing beads in your tires, you might need to have filtered stem cores
8. TST 507 Tire Pressure Monitoring System
The TST 507 Tire Pressure Monitoring System is specifically designed for use in RVs and larger trucks driving for the trucking industry.
The TST 507 has a 30-second data refresh rate, which provides current tire pressure information to the driver. The unit takes a CR1632 battery, which is known to be long-lasting.
- Easy to set up and use
- Works well on large vehicles over 36 feet long
- Easily detects slow leaks
- Repeater kit is not included
7. Tire Minder TM55c-A Tire Pressure Monitoring System
The Tire Minder TM55c-A TPMS provides real-time temperature and pressure (up to 80psi) measurements simultaneously for each tire, for up to five tires. Readings show up crystal-clear in each corner of the monitor.
The system’s lightweight transmitters are designed specifically for aluminum valve stems. The unit itself is incredibly small, weighing only 5 ounces. It is powered by 4 Lithium Metal batteries.
- Works on some boat trailers
- Optional signal booster is easy to install
- Might be difficult for some people to install
- Signal booster might be required
6. VICTONY Tire Pressure Monitor System
VICTONY’s TPMS is a high-quality, high-tech system that utilizes chips made by Germany’s Infenion technologies, which provide real-time monitoring. This system offers a high level of protection and can be used on all everyday driver vehicle models (including minivans and SUVs).
The VICTONY features an OLED display that shows all tires’ pressure levels on the monitor. The system also comes with 4 sensors that detect high/low temperature, high/low pressure, and air leakages.
- Solar and USB dual modes are easy to install
- Gives a very accurate real-time reading
- Cannot be used on larger vehicles
- Won’t work with travel trailer tires
5. EK215T10 Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Bellacorp’s EK215T10 TPMS has the ability to monitor up to 22 tires (as well as suspension air bags) at once. The monitor will stop monitoring a trailer as soon as the trailer is detached.
Monitors sound alarms for low/high pressure between 15psi to 175psi and for high temperatures. Anti-theft caps are included and won’t leak air. Sensors are waterproof in up to 3 feet of water. This TPMS can help you save up to 5% on fuel costs if you keep enough pressure in your tires.
- Reads air pressure as well as nitrogen levels
- Easy setup
- Quick response
- Might not come with a printed warranty
4. EEZTire Tire Pressure Monitoring System
EEXTire’s 6-sensor TPMS has a large LCD screen that is backlit to show readings while driving in the dark. This system monitors up to 22 tires.
There is a long range between the monitor and sensors, and it monitors up to 210psi. The system sequentially cycles through each tire and has an update rate of every 5 minutes.
- Easy to use
- Works well for trailers and larger vehicles
- No toll-free customer service line
- Some customers have trouble with setup
3. ACDelco 23445327 GM Original Equipment Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Those who prefer low-tech tire pressure monitors will appreciate the simple yet responsive nature of the ACDelco 23445327. It should work with many GM vehicles since it is an OEM GM part.
This small TMPS weighs 1 ounce. Batteries come with it and are designed to last 10 years.
- Accurate readings
- Cost-effective option
- Some batteries might come defective
- Won’t work with all vehicles
2. STEELMATE Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System
The STEELMATE Wireless TPMS is a user-friendly device that provides readouts in bar or psi. The replaceable battery can be used for up to a month.
This TPMS has a large display, Intelligent Sleep Mode to help save power, and a tire pressure range of 20psi-50psi (1.7bar-3.5bar).
- Flexible display placement on dash
- Works well for family vehicles
- Won’t work on trailers
- Poorly translated instruction manual
1. Dorman 974-009 Tire Pressure Monitor System Sensor
This transmitter-and-sensor TPMS has a valve stem sensor style and lifetime warranty from Dorman. It makes identifying problems and making repairs easy.
This lightweight (0.3-ounce) TPMS comes with a nut and will fit a stock GM rim. It quickly goes through the vehicle learn sequence and provides an accurate reading.
- Easy to install
- Very cost-effective
- Timely, accurate readings
- Won’t work on all family vehicles
- Sensors might fail after a few months
Why not spend a little bit of extra money now on a TPMS and save yourself the hassle of a blown-out or deflated tire in the future? Having a reliable TPMS can save you time, money, and stress. Give one of these TPMSes a shot by installing it (or having a professional mechanic install it if need be) on your vehicle.